Thursday, April 5, 2012

A Jumper and Some Ruffled Pants

I was waiting to post pictures of my latest projects until I finished the dress I made to go with it. I made two pairs of ruffled pants and a jumper to go with one of them. I came down with a nasty flu bug on Monday and I have been recovering my house since than. It is also Spring Break for my kids so they don't have school this week. Here are my projects:



 I got a new sewing machine a couple of months ago and I thought that this was the perfect time to try out one of the fun stitches on it.


The reason I made these ruffled pants is because I had this shirt that I appliqued and added a ruffle to for my daughter and needed something to go with it. I had made it to go with a pair of shorts in those colors but it ended up being the wrong style for it.


I saw some expensive quilting fabric at the quilting store in a gray and pink and knew I had to try making something in those colors. I just couldn't make myself pay $15 a yard so I found some fabric in those colors at Hancock and managed to pay under $2 a yard for it. (The gray fabric with the pink flowers). So here are the results.




My daughter is usually very photogenic but lately she's been doing this fake smile lately. I was going to try to get a better picture of her in her new outfit but I haven't had a chance to. I will post it later.

The pattern I used for the ruffled pants is McCalls 6530. I used a pattern for the jumper from this book:
 Little Girl's Big Style
Here's a link for amazon for the book. Which I highly recomend if you love sewing for little girls.




These aren't the only projects I have been working on in the last couple of weeks. Anyone that knows me knows that I can't just do this much:) I have a lot of paper projects in the works. I will post some of them later.

I have been surprisingly disillusioned by my crafting lately. I think it has something to do with signing up to do some craft shows with my friend. It's not that I don't like the idea of selling my stuff. I have sold things I make before. The other part is that I am my own worst critic and my stuff isn't always perfect and doesn't always come out as good as I would like. I'm also not sure who would buy my stuff. I am not the kind of person who would buy things from a craft show. If I can make it myself or buy it for cheaper, than why would I buy it at a craft show? I guess I just don't understand the mentality of people who buy things at a craft show. I also don't understand what people are looking for and what if all the work I put into the craft shows doesn't pay off?

No comments:

Post a Comment