Saturday, March 17, 2012

How to have a Happy Birthday :)

It was my Birthday on Monday. Last year I finally decided after years for waiting for my husband to care about birthdays that if I wanted a great Birthday I had to make it that way by myself. We've only been married for 12 years. Don't get me wrong my husband is a great guy he is just not the kind that cares about birthdays or holidays.
For my birthday I made this Reese's cake, had fun shopping for new clothes, played Skip-Bo with my kids for Family Home Evening and did some crafting. I also made a new skirt for myself this week (Yes, that was fun for me because I love sewing). I have to tell you that it has been very freeing to not depend on others for my happiness in regards to birthdays and holidays. My husband did bring me flowers for my birthday and since I wasn't expecting anything it was a great surprise.

Here's my oh so yummy Reese's Cake. I got the recipe from this website:

 http://onmysideoftheroom.blogspot.com/2010/01/death-by-chocolate.html

I didn't use as much frosting and I only used half the amount of Peanut Butter.












1 comment:

  1. It must be a husband thing. Ha ha. I want that cake.

    ReplyDelete