Sunday, March 11, 2012

Baptism Dress

In our Church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints)  our kids get baptized at age eight. My daughter was baptized today. I decided to sew her baptism dress. I thought it came out pretty good. I used a Disney Princess costume pattern for her dress. I know that seems unlikly but it was perfect for the dress. I didn't make it exactly the same as the pattern I added a couple of ruffles to the bottom, added some flower lace around the neckline and omited the peplum (I used the Ariel Dress pattern). The pattern # is : 5832 Simplicity. I just looked online at the simplicity websight and they are no longer selling that pattern but they have some other disney princess patterns that are very similar.

Here is a picture of the pattern:
Simplicity 5832 Sewing Pattern Use to Make Disney Princess Easy to Sew Costumes in Child Sizes 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8


Here are pictures of the dress.





No comments:

Post a Comment